HOME / COOKIES POLICY
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device on accessing certain websites. Cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about a user or device’s browsing habits and depending on the information it contains and how the device is used, they can be used to recognize a user. Under no circumstance can cookies damage your device. In fact, enabling cookies helps us to identify and resolve possible errors.
Below is a list of cookies arranged into a series of categories. However, bear in mind that a cookie could be included in more than one category
COOKIES ACCORDING TO THE ENTITY THAT MANAGES THEM
Depending on the entity that manages the server or domain from which the cookies are sent and which processes the data they contain, cookies can be classified into:
- First-party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user’s device from a server or domain managed by the publisher and which provides the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user’s device from a server or domain that is not managed by the publisher but by another entity that processes the data collected through cookies.
- If cookies are installed from a server or domain managed by the publisher, but the information collected though them is managed by a third-party, they are not classed as first-party cookies
TYPES OF COOKIES ACCORDING TO HOW LONG THEY REMAIN ACTIVATED
Depending on how long they remain activated on the device, cookies can be divided into:
- Session cookies: These cookies are designed to gather and store data when the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store data that is only needed to provide the service requested by the user on one occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored on the device and can be accessed and managed over the period of time defined by the entity in charge of the cookie, which can range from minutes to several years.
COOKIES ACCORDING TO THEIR PURPOSE
Depending on the purpose of the data collected through the cookie, cookies can be divided into:
- Technical cookies: These cookies allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the options or services available, such as control traffic and data communications, identify the session, access areas with restricted access, remember the items included in an order, carry out the purchase process for an order, complete an event registration or participation form, use security components while browsing, store content to play videos or sounds or share content on social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These cookies allow users to access the service with some general features defined by default according to a series of criteria on the user’s device, such as language, browser used to access the service, regional settings from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies allow the entity in charge of them to track and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by these cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to compile browsing profiles of the users of these websites, applications and platforms in order to make improvements based on analyzing the data on how users use the service.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow the advertising space that the publisher has included on the website, application or platform used to provide the service to be used as efficiently as possible based on criteria such as edited content or how frequently advertisements are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies allow the advertising space that the publisher has included on the website, application or platform used to provide the service to be used as efficiently as possible. These cookies store information about user behavior collected by constantly monitoring their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed to display advertising accordingly.
The cookies used on our website are first-party and third-party. They allow us to store and access information related to the language, the browser used and other general features defined by the user and to track and analyses their activity in order to improve our services in a more efficient and personalized way. Telefónica Digital España, S.L.U. does not use advertising or behavioral advertising cookies.
Cookies offer many benefits when providing information society services, as they: (i) help users to browse the website and access the services available; (ii) save users from having to configure the general features defined by default whenever they access the website; (iii) aid improved functioning and services provided by the website, after the corresponding analysis of the information collected via the cookies installed.
En Telefónica Digital España, S.L.U. does not collect or store your personal data (for example, name and address) and therefore, this data cannot be used to identify you.
However, you can configure your browser, allow or block cookies, or select those that can be installed and those that cannot by following the procedure for the browser used:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer (Windows Phone)
- Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Chrome for Android
ON ITS WEBSITE, TELEFÓNICA DIGITAL ESPAÑA, S.L.U. USES
INTRUSION LEVELS ASSOCIATED WITH THE COOKIES WE USE
The aforementioned cookies incorporate an ‘intrusion level’ criteria based on a scale of 1 to 3, in which:
- Level 3: Corresponds to cookies managed by third-parties in the framework of services not expressly requested by the user, allowing them to be tracked through websites not belonging to Telefónica Digital España, S.L.U. (e.g. graphic advertising management platforms). This level is specified along with the name of the owner. Using level 3 cookies is subject to the prior consent of the user who must expressly accept them.
These lists will be updated as quickly as possible as the services offered on the website change and evolve. However, during the update the list might not include a cookie, but these cookies will always have the same purposes as those included in these lists.